Recipe: Ann Alaboud’s Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies – WCCO
MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — Here’s a recipe for Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies shared with WCCO by baker Ann Alaboud. Click here to learn more about his current battle with stomach cancer.
Mix of brownies
1 (4 oz.) stick of butter
5 oz. Chocolate
1 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 tbsp. red food coloring
2 tbsp. instant espresso powder
3/4 cup flour
1/4 tsp salt
- Melt the butter and chocolate together and stir until smooth and place in a large bowl, let cool slightly. Add the white sugar and vanilla and stir. Add the eggs and mix well
- Then add the red food coloring and espresso powder and stir. Add flour and salt and mix until smooth. Reserve a cup of dough and set it aside.
- Line an 8×8″ (or 8×10″ as I used) with foil and grease the foil. Pour the batter and spread evenly.
Layer of cream cheese
8 oz. cream cheese
1 tbsp. vanilla
1 tbsp. flour
- Cream together the sugar, cream cheese and vanilla. Stir in the egg then add the flour, beating until smooth, light and fluffy. Pour the cream cheese over the batter in the pan, forming as even a layer as possible. Pour the reserved red batter on top. Run a spoon or spatula through the layers to stir them lightly.
- Bake at 350F for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with just a few moist crumbs. The top of the brownie will look dry and have cracks. Cool completely on wire rack, remove from pan using foil and cut into squares. Make small squares, these are very rich.