How to Make a Batch of Microwave Easter Egg Brownies in 5 Minutes
Easter is right around the corner and if you’re looking for simple yet delicious desserts, Wiltshire has you covered with its Flourless Easter Egg Brownies. This recipe is perfect for those who may not mind whipping up extravagant recipes but still want to have a classic, mouth-watering Easter treat.
If you’re a big Easter entertainer and like to cook up a storm, you might have limited space in your oven. Well, never fear, because the Wiltshire Silicone Loaf Pan is microwave safe, which means you can enjoy those delicious brownies fresh out of the zappy box.
This recipe is also a perfect way to use up some of those leftover Easter eggs you might have (if any).
I’m sure your mouths are already yearning for the recipe, so let’s get to it.
Microwave Flourless Easter Egg Brownie Recipe
Preparation time: 5 minutes | Cooking time: 5 minutes (plus refrigeration)
What you will need:
- 150g unsalted butter, melted
- 150g dark chocolate 70% cocoa, finely chopped
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 1 cup (220 g) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (100 g) ground almonds
- 1/3 cup (50g) gluten-free flour
- ¼ cup (25g) cocoa
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 130 g caramel-filled Easter eggs, halved
Note: If you have flour and want gluten, substitute almond flour and gluten-free flour with 1 cup (150g) plain flour.
- Place the butter in an 21cm Wiltshire silicone loaf pan and microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute or until set.
- Transfer the butter to a bowl and add the chocolate.
- Let stand 5 minutes or until chocolate has melted into butter.
- Add the eggs, sugar and vanilla and stir to combine.
- Sift the ground almonds, flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt over it.
- Add most of the Easter eggs, reserving ½ cup for the brownie tops, and toss well to combine.
- Transfer half of the mixture to the Wiltshire silicone loaf pan and smooth with a spoon.
- Sprinkle with half of the remaining Easter eggs, pressing them into the batter.
- Microwave on 70% power for 4 ½ to 5 minutes or until just cooked through and bubbly.
- Refrigerate for 5 minutes then gently remove from the loaf pan onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Coldness.
- Repeat with the rest of the mixture and the Easter eggs.
- Chill both brownies for an additional 10 minutes, then slice with a hot knife and serve.
There you have it, the easiest and possibly the most delicious recipe for Easter egg brownies. Nice snack !