3 refreshing homemade ice cream recipes
Welcome to the new season this long weekend by creating these delicious homemade, milky and fruity ice cream recipes for you and your loved ones.
There is also a delicious and easy to make ice cream recipe for those of you who are vegans and lactose intolerant.
Traditional vanilla ice cream
- Â¾ cup of white sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 Â¼ cups of milk
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- Combine the sugar, cream and milk in a saucepan over low heat until the sugar has dissolved. Heat until mixture is hot and a small ring of foam appears around the edge.
- Transfer the cream mixture to a pourable container such as a large measuring cup. Stir in the vanilla extract and cool the mixture well, at least 2 hours (overnight is best).
- Pour cold ice cream mixture into ice cream maker, turn on machine and churn according to manufacturer’s directions, 20 to 25 minutes.
- When the ice cream is slightly frozen, serve immediately or place a piece of plastic wrap directly over the ice cream and place it in the freezer to firm it, for 2 to 3 hours.
This recipe was found on allrecipes.com
Strawberry banana ice cream
- 4 large bananas, frozen
- 4 cups of frozen strawberries
- 2 tablespoons of sugar, optional
- Place strawberries in a bowl or measuring cup. If your strawberries are not very sweet, sprinkle with sugar and mix. Place bowl in microwave at 30 second intervals until strawberries soften slightly and sugar dissolves in juice (if using).
- Add the bananas and the strawberry mixture to the blender and mix until they reach the perfect consistency.
- When your ice cream stops moving in the blender, you’ll want to stop and scrape the blender pitcher and stir a few times, about 2-3 minutes total mixing time.
- Your frozen fruit may separate into tiny frozen pieces before it becomes a fabulous creamy consistency, so be patient.
- Serve and enjoy! You can also transfer to a freezer-safe container and let the ice cream harden in the freezer for 2-3 hours.
This recipe was found on theslowroasteditalian.com
ALSO READ: Preparation of the heritage festival: Pap pie recipe
Vegan chocolate ice cream
- Two 400 ml cans of coconut cream or whole coconut milk
- 64g unsweetened cocoa or cocoa powder
- 397g-454g pitted dates (if not sticky and wet, soak in lukewarm water for 10 minutes then drain)
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 120 ml unsweetened almond milk
- Place a large mixing bowl in the freezer to cool for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add moist, pitted dates to a food processor and mix until small pieces remain. Then add hot water little by little until it forms a thick paste. Put aside.
- Without spilling the cans, scoop the coconut cream from the cans of coconut cream OR coconut milk, reserving the clear liquid for other uses. Place in a refrigerated mixing bowl.
- Note: If you are using coconut milk, you will probably use less sweetener because there is less bulk.
- Using a blender, whisk until creamy and smooth. Then add the cocoa powder, vanilla, almond milk and half of the date paste. Whisk until completely incorporated.
- Taste and adjust the flavors as needed. I ended up adding most of the date paste and a bit more cocoa powder.
- Transfer to a parchment-lined freezer-safe container and cover loosely with plastic wrap, then foil to help freeze.
- You can take it out in a few hours for a mousse-like ice cream. Freeze overnight for firmer ice cream.
- Allow at least 20 minutes before picking up and use a spoon warmed under hot water for an appropriate spoon.
- Keeps in the freezer for up to a week, but best when chilled.
This recipe was found on minimalistbaker.com